The psychedelic therapy market is one of the most exciting emerging industries and is a vertical that we are bullish on. The COVID pandemic has put a major emphasis on the value of mental health and we expect the psychedelic therapy industry to gain from this recognition.
During the last year, we have seen a substantial increase in the number of companies that are focused on the development and commercialization of psychedelic therapies and the market has responded favorably to the emergence of the vertical.
Although we are bullish on the psychedelic therapy market, investors must conduct due diligence on companies that are levered to it. We prefer operators that are led by a management team that has the expertise that is needed to bring a therapy through the FDA clinical trial process as well as businesses that can easily tap the capital markets when it needs to raise capital to advance therapies.
- In 2019, the FDA approved Spravato, Johnson & Johnson’s (JNJ) ketamine-based nasal spray for treating depression. The product is a chemical mirror image of anesthetic ketamine. The company was the first to bring a psychedelic-based therapy to market.
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is currently sponsoring a Phase 3 trial of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for the treatment of PTSD. This is one of only three programs to be granted the breakthrough therapy designation (BTD) by the FDA.
- MindMed Inc. (MMED: NEO) (MMEDF: OTC) is currently in a Phase 2a trial on LSD (experiential) for both anxiety and cluster headaches. MindMed is currently advancing through the necessary regulatory filings to start a Phase 2a trial on LSD (microdose) for adult ADHD in the Netherlands and in Switzerland
- Cybin (CYBN.CN) is currently in the process of conducting a Phase 2a and 2b study on major depressive disorder (MDD) in Jamaica
- Tryp Therapeutics (CSE: TRYP) started designing a Phase 2a open-label, exploratory clinical study on TRP-8802 for patients who are suffering from rare over-eating disorders
- Numinus Wellness Inc. (TSXV: NUMI) recently announced that its MDMA compassionate access trial has made significant progress toward treating patients with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and is being pursued in collaboration with MAPS
If you are interested in learning more about the companies that are focused on the development and commercialization of psychedelic therapies, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Psychedelic Therapy Companies” to be added to our distribution list.
Pursuant to an agreement between StoneBridge Partners LLC and Tryp Therapeutics Inc. we have been hired for a period of 180 days beginning January 1, 2020 and ending July 1, 2021 to publicly disseminate information about (TRYP) including on the Website and other media including Facebook and Twitter. We are being paid $7,500 per month (TYRP) for or were paid “0” shares of restricted common shares. We own zero shares of (TRYP), which we purchased in the open market. We plan to sell the “ZERO” shares of (TRYP) that we hold during the time the Website and/or Facebook and Twitter Information recommends that investors or visitors to the website purchase without further notice to you. We may buy or sell additional shares of (TRYPw) in the open market at any time, including before, during or after the Website and Information, provide public dissemination of favorable Information.